- Civil Law
- Commercial Law
- Real Estate
Aparicio Howard is a Senior Associate at the firm. His legal practice encompasses corporate law consulting and litigation. His daily practice focuses in Civil Law, Commercial Law and Real Estate.
Mr. Howard obtained his law degree from the Universidad de Montevideo University. He is currently preparing the final thesis of his Master Degree in Tort Law from Girona University (Spain). Besides, he is finishing a LLM in Montevideo University.
- University of Montevideo. LL.M. (in progress)
- University of Montevideo. Attorney at Law, 2012
- 2018 – Advisor for Banco Santander S.A. (Uruguay), Banco Santander, S.A. (Spain) and CaixaBank, S.A. in the financing of Cerro Grande wind farm.
- 2017 – He took part in the team that advised Cepas Argentinas S.A. in its acquisition of the subsidiaries of Bacardi Limited, one of the largest manufacturers of alcoholic beverages in the world, in Chile and Uruguay.
- 2016 – Advice Bow Power in the acquisition of Vientos de Pastorale wind farm in Uruguay.
- 2016 – Took part in the team that advised Arcos del Sur S.R.L. in the financing of millions of dollars loaned to its Brazilian subsidiary by 5 intermediary financial institutions: Citibank N.A., Bank of America N.A., Itaú BBA International PLC, JPMorgan Chase Bank N.A. and Banco Santander (Brasil) S.A., Cayman Islands branch.
- 2015 – Advised in the negotiation and redaction of the necessary legal documents for the expansion of the Uruguayan American School high school building.
- Candidate to Professor of Tort Law, at Universidad de Montevideo, 2013 to date
- Candidate to Assistant Professor at the Private Law Chair, School of Law, University of the Republic of Uruguay, 2015 to date
- “Responsabilidad civil del arquitecto proyectista” (Civil responsibility of the Architect & Project Designer), Doctrine and Jurisprudence of Civil Law, Volume IV, Year 2016)
- “Estudio jurisprudencial sobre la responsabilidad del banco por el incumplimiento de la obligación de custodia en el contrato de caja de seguridad” (Jurisprudential study on on banking responsibility under non compliance of safe deposit custody agreement), Doctrine and Jurisprudence of Civil Law, Volume III, Year 2015)
- “El criterio de la prioridad en el uso y la reparación del daño moral causado por inmisiones vecinales” (Priority criterion in the use and compensation of non-material harm originated in private nuisance), published in “Doctrina y Jurisprudencia de Derecho Civil, Tomo II, Año 2014” (Doctrine and Jurisprudence of Civil Law, Volume II, Year 2014)
- “Las Declaraciones de Voluntad Anticipada y la Autonomía de la Persona” (Advance Care Directives and the Autonomy of the Individual), in “Revista de Derecho de la Universidad de Montevideo, Año XI (2012), Número 21” (Journal of Law at Universidad de Montevideo, Year XI , Number 21)
- Collaborator recording pertinent jurisprudence for the civil law journal “Doctrina y Jurisprudencia de Derecho Civil” (Civil Law Doctrine and Jurisprudence)
Areas of practice
- Civil Law
- Commercial Law