- Commercial Litigation
- Restructurings / Insolvency
- Banking Law
She counsels on daily basis to Santander Bank – largest private bank, on banking regulatory and commercial issues, to Pepsi Cola Manufacturing of Uruguay in services agreements related to the industrial plant in Colonia. She also provided assistance to Banco Santander in the acquisition of ABN AMRO Bank, to Kraft (Mondelez) in the acquisition of Cadbury and to “Corporación Nacional para el Desarrollo” (National Development Corporation) concerning the legal structuring of diverse Trusts.
Mariela obtained her J.D. from the University of Montevideo in 2005 and was assistant teacher of Procedural Law in the University of the Republic of Uruguay between 2009 and 2013.
- University of Montevideo – Attorney at Law, 2005
- University of Montevideo – Master in Administrative Law
- 2018 – Advised American Express in the judicial procedure against Bank of America related to promissory notes marketed under ALADI regulation.
- 2018 – Represented Banco Santander in re claim brougth by Abiworld S.A., a former client that alleged negligence of the bank in its role as intermediary in the investment of market funds “Fondo Rembrandt” during the 2002’s financial turmoil of Uruguay. After a complex judicial procedure, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the Bank.
- 2018 – Represented Bow Power in its capacity as owner of ‘Vientos de Pastorale’ wind farm (50MW), in a claim brought by a landowner alleging breach of contract and seeking termination of the lease and damages for US$ 3,000,000.
- 2017 – Adviced Pepsi in the standardization of providers’ agreements.
- 2017 – Advised Fox Entertainment in a judicial proceeding related to content broadcasting in Uruguay.
- 2016 – Advised Banco Santander in the judicial bankruptcy proceeding of FRIPUR, concluding in the first sale of a company as an ongoing concern in a bankruptcy proceeding.
- 2015 – Advised Banco Santander in the financing of the ANTEL-ARENA project.
- 2015 – Advised “Corporación Nacional del Desarrollo” (National Development Corporation) on legal structuring of several trusts.
- 2014 – Gave assistance on financial aspects of a credit given by Credit Agricole to the Cobra Group for the construction, installation and operational management of a wind farm.
- “La megaregulación europea de datos personales. ¿Qué impacto tiene en Uruguay?” (European Overregulation of Personal Data. What´s the impact for Uruguay?), Abogados.com.ar, 2018.
- “9 claves para entender la firma electrónica”. (9 rules to understand the electronic signature), Select Magazine, 2017.
- Co-author of “Un crédito que no será satisfecho fuera del concurso ¿puede considerarse como “adecuadamente” garantizado?” (A credit that will not be satisfied out of bankruptcy, can it be considered as sufficiently secured?), Estudios de Derecho Concursal Uruguayo, book III, 2016.
- “Solidificando el Sistema Financiero” (Solydifying the Financial System), El Observador (newspaper), 2008.
- Procedural Law
- Banking Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions