- Commercial Law
- Banking Law
- Insolvency Law
- Anti-trust Law
- Arbitration proceedings
Chambers, 2017: “He has solid experience of arbitration cases, alonside a healthy litigatio practice, notably concerning bankruptcy cases. He is singled out for praise by market commentators for his responsiveness: he is always available for us, and the responses are basically instant”.
He has participated in several arbitrations representing national and foreign companies before the International Chamber of Commerce, as well as in similar cases at the Settlement and Arbitration Center of the Chamber of Commerce and Services of Uruguay, where he was officially appointed as Conciliator.
His legal counsel expertise includes the legal department of banking institutions and is the legal advisor of the Assets Division of the Itaú Bank. Also, since 2008 provides legal counselling to regular top-level clients in the region such as the Marfrig Group, Google, Praxair, Grupo Cepas, Ecotecno and Barraca Deambrosi, among others.
- University of Montevideo – Master’s Degree in Corporate Law (c)
- University of the Republic of Uruguay – Attorney at Law
- 2018 – Advises Itaú Leader in financial liabilities restructuring and bankruptcy processes such as Raincoop, Cereoil, Tiempost.
- 2018 – Advises Exor International in the claim against Uruguyan State due its exclusion form the debt payment restructuring of PDVSA.
- 2017 – Advised Samifruit in a 8-years long trial that ended with favourable decision granted by our Supreme Court against Uruguay tax authority (DGI) for the refund of taxes and damages.
- 2016 – He led the negotiations of an agreement for the liquidation of the national airline Pluna, by and large the most important bankruptcy proceeding in Uruguayan history. The bankruptcy process ended with full recovery of the claims something which is unprecedented in Uruguay’s Bankruptcy Law. This deal was awarded the “Deal of the Year” Award by LatinLawyer.
- 2013 to date – Advises multinational companies in proceedings before the Anti-trust Law Committee on the filing and/or response to pleas referred to anti-trust trade practices in relation to large-scale companies.
- Member of the Bankruptcy Law Chair at the University of Montevideo.
- Teaching assistant in Commercial Law at the University of the Republic.
- “La jurisprudencia concursal interpela a los administradores societarios” (Bankruptcy Case Law questions the corporate administrators) in the Book Estudios de Derecho Concursal Uruguayo (Uruguayan Bankruptcy Law Studies) – Volume I – Bankruptcy Law Chair, 2014
- “The Online Gambling Business – an activity in the limb“, daily newspaper El Observador, 2013
- “Antimonopoly”, Legal column, daily newspaper El Observador, June 2013